I recently went out to lunch with a friend to a new Lebanese restaurant in Geneva. We had both heard really good things and were looking forward to trying the food. We ended up splitting a Cucumber, Yogurt, and Tomato pizza and it was completely amazing! It was probably one of the best pizzas I have ever had. I liked the pizza so much that I decided I had to try to replicated it and ended up with this recipe for cucumber yogurt bruschetta.
- 1 baguette (or other long skinny bread)
- plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, diced into small pieces
- 1 small - medium tomato, diced into small pieces
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the baguette into 6 slices approximate 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread a tablespoon full of plain yogurt on each slice of bread.
- Top the bread with equal amounts of cucumber and tomato pieces.
- Sprinkle each piece with oregano, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.