One of my favorite dishes to make when I want a quick, easy pizza meal is pesto mozzarella naan pizza. I swear, I make this every time my husband goes out-of-town for work and I’m cooking dinner for one. Most of the measurements I’ve given will depend on the size naan you get. If you buy the frozen kind (try Trader Joe’s or an Indian grocer), you’ll probably want the smaller ingredient size listed. If you buy fresh (try the bakery section of most grocery stores by the specialty breads), you’ll probably want the larger ingredient size listed.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on my recipe. Do you have a similar recipe?
- Pesto sauce (I usually buy the Bertolli brand in the refrigerated section)
- 1/4 - 1/2 onion (depending on personal taste and size of naan bread)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tomato, diced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella (I usually buy the size that fits in the palm of your hand and use half of it for one pizza. Depending on the brand, the exact amount of mozzarella could vary.)
- Dried or fresh basil
- Dried or fresh parsley
- Dried or fresh oregano
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Dice mozzarella and tomato. Slice or dice onion.
- Spread some pesto sauce on the naan bread.Top Add a sprinkling of spices, salt, pepper, and drizzle olive oil to taste. Top with onion, tomato, and mozzarella being careful to leave some room around the edge.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.